Saturday, March 5, 2011

THe Young Man In The Sea


    The book "The Young Mad And The Sea" is about a boy Samuel "Skiff" Beaman has problems in his life, like Tyler Croft makes fun of him and calls him swamp boy. Tyler Croft's dad doesn't really like Big Skiff, Big Skiff is Samuel's dad. Later on the book, Tyler Croft cuts his lobster trap and Skiff needed to make money to fix the "Mary Rose"because it sank and then the engine broke and that's why he did the traps. His dad in sad because Samuel's mom just dies and he stoped fishing, he only sits on the couch and watches TV all day long. Mr. Nagahachi is a Japanese person and he buys blue fin tuna and he ships it to Japan. Mr.Woodwell is a old man that helps Skiff to raise his boat the "Mary Rose."At the end of the book he goes to get a blue fin tuna to fix the "Mary Rose."When he got the blue fin tuna he had to row all the way home and that was more than 30 miles away from home. He rowed for a long time and then he thought he saw an angel in the mist but it was the head light of the boat that his dad was on. Then his dad jumped off the boat and swam to the skiff and got him out of the skiff and took him to the fishing boat. When they got back he sold the fish to Mr.Nagahachi and fixed the "Mary Rose," he got a new bike, he got a new harpoon for Mr.Woodwell, that he lost when he was fishing for the blue fin tuna and his dad stared to fish again.

    When Samuel's mam used to say her three rules. Rule number one: think smart, rule number two:speak the truth and the last rule is to never give up. Those rules relate to me life, is that my parents say to think smart on everything I do and that's rule number one on skiff's mom's rules. Rule number two relates to my life is that is what my mom says to all ways to speak the truth at everything. The last rule is to never give up and I never give up on anything. When Skiff's dad sit on the couch and watch TV all day long , my mom says to me to get off the couch, stop watching TV and to go do something else. Skiff's dad needs to go to drug classes because he drinks too much and my parents say that I need to go to school because I need to learn more things. Those are the themes in the book that relate to my life.

    I recommend this book because it is funny and it is a interesting book for me and might be the same for others. "The Young Man And The Sea" is really exciting book to read because it is a really fun book. When you start reading the book and you stop reading the book for a while, you will just star reading it for a long time. This book was the best book I ever read and more people should read it too. That's why I recommend this book to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment